Ms Edwards and Ms Henry
barely breaking a sweat.
All of the trees were raised in our Dover nursery and all but one (Broad-leafed Mahogany) was an indigenous species. The full list comprised:
- Barringtonia asiatica (Fishkiller)
- Cynometra cauliflora (Nam Nam)
- Hopea bracteata (Merawan Ungu)
- Hopea ferrea (Ceylon Ironwood)
- Litsea elliptica
- Mimusops elengi (Tanjung, Spanish Cherry)
- Moringa oleifera (Horse-radish tree)
- Shorea materialis
- Sterculia foetida (Hazel Sterculia, Java Olive)
- Swietenia macrophylla (Broad-leaved Mahogany)
|Ríona helped plant five trees.|
The Sterculia tree has an interesting etymology: Sterculius was the Roman god of cow dung and "foetida" means stinking! The name refers to the fact that all parts of the tree exude an unpleasant smell while it is flowering.
|Mr Daniels takes the strain while |
working out with Moringa.
|Mea has planted many trees |
over the past two years.